Wednesday’s Wordapod – Bananadanna

Today’s Wordapod, taken from Wordapodia, Volume One: An Encyclopedia of Real Fake Words, is, well, just silly. Why? Why not?

 

Bananadanna

 

bananadanna image

 

Bananadanna (n) – a large scarf fashioned from banana peels typically worn on the forehead or around the neck

 

 

Sample Sentence: The motorcycle gang looked quite intimidating, especially when we caught sight of the bananadannas worn haughtily by their biker chicks.

 

So…Who Knew?

 

According to research conducted by the prestigious WOBOT (Women On Bikes Of Texas) Institute, only 22.3% of all women who identify with an outlaw motorcycle gang admit to regularly wearing a bananadanna during rides. Of the remaining 77.7%, at least 25% have tried it only once, but cited “unappealing scent” and “bad reaction by their partners” as key factors in not continuing the practice.

 

Bananadanna is one of over 250 real, fake words to be found in Wordapodia, Volume One. Wednesday’s Wordapod was also a popular feature on jewocity.com from September, 2011 thru January, 2013.

 

 

I know you're not a follower, but please follow me on Twitter

My Facebook Fan page is right here.

To order my new (co-authored) book, please click me.

Image courtesy of www,rateyourburn.com

 

Share

Comments are closed.